Friday, May 1, 2009

Review of course (Final Reflection)

I have found this course to be helpful because it incorporates many areas of technology that are great resources for teachers. The scholastic web page builder is a great way for a teacher to incorporate technology in the classroom and also show the parents that technology based learning is taking place. Moreover, the scholastic web page builder is a great way to communicate with parents instead of writing/typing newsletters every month. That assignment was by the far the one I enjoyed the most.

This course allowed me to explore my own technological awareness. I was not aware, outside of the technology used in the district I work in, how many different technological resources there are for teachers such as the CLRN. At first I thought this course was going to be challenging because most of the work is online instead of meeting every week as I was previously accustomed to. I over came that when I realized that online courses are very convenient for everyone because lets face it we are all busy people who work hard.

I think this course allows technology independence and the assignments can be used in the classroom. By technology independence I am referring to exploring new websites and coming up with technology based lesson plans. In addition, the use of Blackboard and blogging is a good way to move towards feeling more at ease with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment